The Senior Cyber Security Analyst will implement and support Wabash Valley Power Association's security policies and architecture to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all company assets under the guidance of senior Technical Service's staff. This position contributes to protecting the Wabash Valley Power and our Member Cooperatives power grid reliability and our business operations. Success requires a desire to work with a broad range of technologies in small team to protect critical infrastructure.
What You'll Get
We believe what benefits our employees benefits our company. That's why we put employees first'your health, your family, and your development. These aren't just slogans: We offer continuing education, flex time, health benefits, a 401(k) match and pension plan, and much more. Here are just a few of the things that make our company culture unique:
· No Sweat -We offer a wellness program that includes a payroll credit for medical insurance, on-site exercise facility, and extra vacation days for participating. We'll even throw in a fitness device reimbursement to keep you on track!
· Flex Time -Our flexible schedule means you can work in your appointments or family events and maintain a comfortable work-life balance.
· Stay in School -We value employees who have a desire to learn, so we provide funds for continuing education. We also offer in-house training and ongoing development through our internal GROW program.
· Keep it Casual -When you work for us, you work in comfort. Blue jeans are the norm in our office and we make them look good!
· Work Hard, Play Hard -We reward our employees with generous vacation time, to the tune of up to five weeks off a year. Even our new employees receive credit for prior work experience.
What You'll Do
You'll be responsible for:
· Installing, implementing, administering, monitoring, and maintaining security architecture technology processes and solutions including security information and event management, anti-malware, intrusion detection, public key management, certificate management, physical security management, and identity & password management solutions. · Monitoring network, systems, and logs to ensure availability to all systems. Administer, manage, and use system and applications vulnerability scanning tools. Investigate and respond to security events and potential incidents in accordance with prescribed procedures. · Performing additional activities needed to demonstrate regulatory compliance with NERC CIP security standards. · Keeping abreast of the latest security issues and briefing senior Technical Services staff of emerging threats including both general threats and those specifically targeting the electric sector and industrial control systems.
So what strengths will help you thrive in this position? You love to exceed expectations, and you can work independently in a fast-paced environment. You promptly respond to colleagues' requests, and love working with people in a member-focused cooperative environment. You utilize your organizational skills and are detail-oriented when handling tasks. You create a collaborative work environment while understanding the needs of the situation and are results-oriented, self-motivated, and have a high level of initiative.
· Bachelor Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security & Assurance, Information Technology, or related field required.
· 5+ years’ experience in cybersecurity.
· Any system, networks, or cybersecurity related certifications are a plus. Obtaining specific certifications is expected as part of career development.
About Wabash Valley Power Alliance
Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Wabash Valley Power is a not-for-profit electric cooperative and wholesale provider of reliable, affordable electricity to our 23 electric distribution member cooperatives. These cooperatives in turn serve more than 300,000 homes, businesses, and farms in Indiana, Illinois, and Missouri.
As a not-for-profit co-op, we do things a bit differently—and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork, and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry, and that’s great news for the people who count on us.